Monday, June 23, 2008

European Championship 'soundtrack'

Overhere they used Sina's 'Wänn nit jetzt wänn dä' as a kind of soundtrack to the European football analysis' after the games at the program 'Studio sportzomer'.


It took a while (till after the Dutch got kicked out of the tourney) to find out how this track was called and by whom it was sung.
I like it very much, cause it has this sensual summer feeling to it. It sounds a líttle bit sad, but still it lightens my spirit. Does anyone know which language it is in? Cause it lóoks like German, it sounds almost Frysian (language cq dialect from overhere) but I guess it's a Swiss or German dialect..or...Reto-Romanic..don't know anything about that language..

The official track for the EC 2008 was this one though:
One night only - Just for tonight


Has a real emotional 'this is the big important match' feeling to it. I like it.
As for the whole feeling for this championship Switzerland and Austria did a great job. I liked the mascottes, the music and the enormous amount of football crazed emotional people.

I just feel a bit sad that we're not in the tourney anymore...

5 comments:

K.C. said...

Love the music from the second vidoe...Kayce

Arjan said...

thanks for hopping by :)
I didn't hear the entire track before I looked it up on the web. A pleasant surprise

K.C. said...

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me your thoughts and encouragement. Hate that you had to stop in on such a day that I was having such an "emotional" day..

I thought about deleting the whole post the next morning, but it seemed that the post had touched quite a few people, so I left it in...

I think that maybe it was good to let some of that out. I don't think about it much, which is odd, since it was such a huge part of my life. Amazing how the human psyche works that way. But, when I DO think about it.. well, you read that...

Thanks again.. Kayce

Arjan said...

a post from the heart is not a bad thing, proven by the fact that all the commenters read through your whole post.

K.C. said...

Got myself back on track... Thanks for hanging in there with me... Kayce